Getting Ready.
It is probably fair to say, as I had said to my GP some days before that Bill and I were probably in some place beyond tired and just needed to get away. Planning had been a challenge. We just wanted to go "somewhere".
Somehow we had managed the required adaptations for Colby Colorado - new tyres, canopy, 2nd battery system, fridge installed, roof racks, roof top tent, storage.....
Food was packed. Camp gear seemed adequate. Spare fuel. Water. Tools. Maps. Chargers. Devices. Oh, and clothes. As we soon realised, whilst Australia has some remote spots - you will come across a shopping mall and a Bunnings Store eventually. We had credit cards packed.
Bill worked right up until leaving time, while I managed those last minute tasks and made the ultimate decision that Milo (although he had thrown a sickie in the vain hope that all this packing didn't mean he was left behind) would stay at home with Jazz, Ashley and Erika, Toby and the chooks. Meanwhile Jazz made it perfectly clear that she was not letting her little friend go anywhere!

What a cold, wet, dismal start as we headed off over the Toowoomba Range! We knew our first sleep-over would be at a previously used spot in Millmerran. Here we would undoubtably test our new gear, but on late arrival we were able to set up quickly, quietly and effectively without disturbing other campers (I hope) and go for a walk through the town. It was not wet!
No comments:
Post a Comment